The History of MusickMusick
The Musicks find much of their heritage in the construction industry, beginning in the 1880’s with James Musick. His son, William Carr Musick, and grandson, Don C. Musick Sr., continued in the tradition in the management of Bright Construction Company, a family firm noted for building Washington University’s Brookings Hall, Cupples Station, the Missouri Athletic Club and many other St. Louis landmark structures.
In the 1940’s Don C. Musick Construction was incorporated and Don C. Musick Jr. entered the firm soon expanding the company’s scope of work and client list to include R. C. Can Company, Vess Bottling Company, Prudential Savings, St. Mary’s and St. Joseph’s Hospitals, McDonnell Douglas, St. Louis University, and the award‐winning Old Cathedral Renovation located on the grounds of the Jefferson National Expansion Memorial.
From 1980 to present day, the company has continued to provide the highest quality construction to its loyal clients under the leadership of Don C. Musick III, the fifth generation of Musicks in construction.
As the company’s many awards will attest, Musick’s commitment to consistent quality workmanship, customer service and meeting client schedules are what maintain existing business relationships and attract new ones.